Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Senators push nationwide ban on texting while driving: Response

I agree with this proposed bill completely. I am usually glued to my phone texting at all points of the day though I usually don't text back while driving, it's almost impossible for me to resist looking at any new messages that I get while driving. I recently was driving and received a really long text message and was trying to read it while making periodic glances at the road, and failed to notice an up coming traffic light changing from green to yellow. When the rest of the traffic started to slow down, I continued at the same pace and if I hadn't looked up at the last second to slam on my breaks, I would have been in a big mess wrecking my car, the car in front of me, and possibly the car in front of him.

Although I cannot sympathize with those that support this bill from the standpoint that has been the car in front or behind the person consumed in their text and multimedia messaging, I can vouch from the participators point of view, that this new bill is not only a good idea, it is necessary. The almost accident I had probably has happened to many other texters out there, not to mention the accidents that actually do happen as a result to texting. And this bill could eliminate most, if not all, of those almost and actual accidents, making the roads and highways a much safer place to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment